Friday, March 18, 2011

NOLA Day 2

NOLA Day 2 by HopeHubris
NOLA Day 2 a photo by HopeHubris on Flickr.

So today was the second day in NOLA. Since the conference starts tomorrow, I decided to find my way to the convention center location and see what there was to see. I ended up walking along the riverfront past the aquarium and a Holocaust Memorial art fixture.

While waiting for registration period to open up, I was watching TV at the hotel bar when I started up a conversation with a gentleman who was waiting on someone to arrive. This gentleman is a physician who works for the company that BP turned to for emergency services after the Deep Sea Horizon explosion last year. He is a lifelong Louisiana boy and his wife is originally from New Orleans so he was full of info about the area and how its recovering from Katrina and the oil spill.

Finished up the evening with a walk around Bourbon Street taking photos. Nothing special...

No comments: